Grayson's Timeline

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

School winds down....House goes up!

As another school year winds down, and another chapter is closed, another chapter is opening. Rob and I are excited to be building our first house! I can't believe such an indecisive person as I will be making so many decisions in the next few months. This should be an interesting summer indeed. :)


Because of the heavy storms and influx of rain that we've had this spring, the house building process has been delayed a bit. However, we're on to clearer skies and home supplies!



THE BEGINNING






The concrete footings and preparations for the main slab were finished on Friday, May 20th.  I never really knew what "footings" were until this week.  :)












Our slab was finished by early afternoon on Saturday, May 21st.  I've never loved some beautiful gray concrete as much as I did this day.  I refrained from kissing it while the workers were there.  :)




















More to come!  :)


~Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment